GODZILLA!!!!!!!!!

Friday, May 23, 2014


GODZILLA! Since the trailers were out I was really looking forward for it! My generations were full of these monster fighting themed movie or show or etc etc and Godzilla is one of the classic for me! I'm not keen of monster movie but this one, is a must watch for me!

In the last Godzilla film (1998), Godzilla is the bad guy and killing human as his eggs were destroyed by them. It was so many years ago so I kinda totally forgot what the story was about and I went to watch the new Godzilla with a blank mind. Well, it turned out it was a good thing. Since it's not a sequence, I advice those that are going to watch Godzilla 2014, just leave yourself blank and there's NOTHING to do with the 1998 Godzilla at all.

A little movie info :
In Summer 2014, the world's most revered monster is reborn as Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures unleash the epic action adventure "Godzilla." From visionary new director Gareth Edwards ("Monsters") comes a powerful story of human courage and reconciliation in the face of titanic forces of nature, when the awe-inspiring Godzilla rises to restore balance as humanity stands defenseless. (c) Warner Bros

Casting:










In case you haven't seen it, here's the trailer for it~


I must say, they really made a good trailer. It's a good movie with great plot and some surprises~ The human story plot was more of at the beginning til mid of the movie, towards the end bit it's more to monsters fighting then you'll see reunions of lost families. There's time you'll tear up either because of sadness or touched, there's time you'll get real nervous like omg omg omg!! and plot twist, I was like..... oh...... I didn't expect that to happen.... oh..... oh!!! I'm not a movie critic, I'm just sharing my thoughts so I recommend this and you should watch it too~ 

I was tensed up most of the time watching the movie, and if my fiance was watching this with me (it was just a movie night with my movie kaki), I'm gonna squeeze his arm soooo tight that it might hurt him hehehe..... enjoy the movie folks! 

This is my first time ever movie review, please do comment so that I can improve next time! THANKS!

below are some spoilers, so don't read it if you don't want to spoil it!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
About the plot, I like the movie in a way that it is actually going with the flow of a story plot that slowly unfold instead of just fighting giant monsters. The reason why I said they made great trailer is that, the trailer didn't show you EVERYTHING in the movie, I mean they edited it and HIDE something, you would expect something else would come out in the movie! and I thought I'll only see Godzilla destroying the city but NOOOOOOOOOOO, and it was good~~~


MORE SPOILERS!!

SO it was suppose to be a happy day for the Brody family, but everything changes when something seems like an abnormal earthquake strike and collapse almost the whole Janjira nuclear power plant killing many people(I guess, since it was not mentioned) including Sandra (Juliette Binoche).

It was really sad at the beginning, I can't imagine how hard is it to see your love one die in front of you and there's no way you can save them and imagining your love one trap inside just behind the door you shut! omg... that's so heart breaking..... 

In search of the truth, Joe (Brian Cranston) trespass the accident area with his son, Ford (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and that's where everything began........ the radioactive level in the area should be lethal but it wasn't! They got caught for trespassing and brought into the Janjira plant and found out they were researching something there, and THAT is what cause the disaster 15 years ago!   

SADLY, this is not what I expected, Joe died. I thought he was going to live until the end and be one of the hero to save the earth.... hai......... well, soon after, they discovered there's ANOTHER creature just like the one in Janjira which they initially thought it was dormant but is alive and active! This is not good, not good at all.

So, these creatures is actually a pair and going to reproduce and they fed on radioactive material, not good...... and emit EMP shutdown all electronics at instant, NOT GOOD! because almost everything is powered by electronic even planes and tanks! NOT GOOD! 

and GODZILLA comes! in the movie, Godzilla is on the top of the food chain so it's coming to hunt the creatures down. However, human are so scared and afraid of it and started to attack it, they planned to kill it together with the other 2 creatures. of course lah~ a gigantic monster that you can't communicate with it and ask whether it is a friend or foe, who knows it suddenly starts to kill and eat us human to extinct.

and Ford is a damn lucky guy which stayed alive til the end. Such a lucky guy, but thanks to him the eggs are all destroyed (let's just hope he didn't miss any). He was trying to get back to San Francisco as his family is there, and such coincident the creatures are going there and the military are going to lure them they with war heads and he joined the mission and got back home eventually.

and one more thing about Godzilla, FLAME BREATH!!!! and it's glowing blue like sulfuric gases flames, makes it even cooler! wow! so i guess Godzilla has a lot of sulfuric gases in it? haha! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

*

*

Translate